Thursday, June 13, 2013

I have set a  goal for myself.... 3 5K's by the End of September.  To some this may not be a big  deal but for me this is HUGE!   I have always set back and watched people run or walk in 5K's  and wanted to do it but had every excuse in the book. 
    > I have to work on Saturdays
    > I am NOT a runner
    > I do not want to walk while everyone else Runs
    > I haven't trained for it, I will do the next one
    >  Oh shoot they is another one this weekend?  I still haven't trained....Next one!

Well I have realized that I had that "tomorrow"  attitude and that wasn't getting me any where!  I have decided that this is a DREAM of mine and only I can make the changes needed to make it happen!  So  I have started Running,  just a few times a week.  It isn't FUN yet to me and it is work but I do feel GREAT after I run. 
I LOVE the feeling that I have accomplished something,  I can't wait until the day when I can run an entire 5K  with out stopping and walking!

3 might be my goal for this year but I am planning on doing more next year! 




Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.  ~Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment